Thursday, 10 January 2013

Classroom Scene

This one took a long time! Mostly because of my lack of composition skills. BUT! Thanks to all the revisions I learnt a lot about compo in the process, including the golden rule and rule of thirds.

I missed a pretty crucial part of art education. I went from school to college (which in the UK is a stop gap before university, ages 16-18) where I studied games design for 2 years. It was during this time that most illustrative folk do a foundation course in fine art. Life drawing, perspective, composition, colour theory all that. So I missed the foundation and went to University to study illustration. I learned plenty on my uni course but none of those basic concepts, and so I haven't got a clue what 2 point, 1 point, 3 point perspective is and I'm only just figuring out composition.

Anyway I'm rambling, here's the illo:



No comments:

Post a Comment